[Seminars] PSB event reminder

contact at psb.vib-ugent.be contact at psb.vib-ugent.be
Fri Feb 26 12:10:02 CET 2010

Calendar Name: seminars
Scheduled for: Friday, February 26 2010, 14:00 - 15:30
Event text:    Joachim Jacob
	       Stéphane Plaisance

	       BITS VIB
	       Bioinformatics Training and Service Facility
Details:       "The VIB BITS facility, your guide in bioinformatic
	       analyses"

	       Presentation by Joachim Jacob and Stéphane Plaisance

	       Within the fast evolving discipline of biotechnology
	       emerges a broad need for understanding and managing vast
	       amounts of data. This data can be your sequencing data,
	       your microarray data, your mass-spec data. But it
	       involves also efficiently mining literature sources and
	       the numerous online repositories.

	       Let BITS be your guide in this bewildering maze of
	       bioinformatics!	The VIB Bioinformatics and Training
	       Service facility assist all VIB scientists in efficient
	       access and use of relevant software. We have licensed
	       several software packages which are available to the
	       whole VIB community.  The BITS training service offer
	       several training sessions, aimed at the wet-lab
	       scientist, starting from low-level training sessions,
	       such as “Bioinformatics introduction training” and
	       “Basic Vector NTI training”, to advanced courses, such
	       as “Advanced Microarray data analysis” and several
	       programming language training sessions.	Training
	       material will be continuously available at our website,
	       so you can always fall back on our online expertise.  In
	       addition, you can contact BITS data mining service for
	       custom data mining of your high-throughput data.

	       During this short seminar, we will present the training
	       courses scheme for 2010. We will also give a short
	       demonstration of plant-oriented data mining cases. And
	       most importantly, at the end of the seminar, you will
	       have the opportunity to suggest us new training sessions
	       and to let us know with which data you struggle. As
	       such, BITS can meet your future training and data mining
	       needs!

	       An overview of our services and software offered by BITS
	       can be obtained through our website, www.bits.vib.be.
	       Check out our training poll!

	       Hope to see you soon, on our training sessions or
	       online!

	       The BITS team