[Seminars] PSB event reminder

contact at psb.vib-ugent.be contact at psb.vib-ugent.be
Tue Feb 15 09:10:01 CET 2011

Calendar Name: seminars
Scheduled for: Tuesday, February 15 2011, 11:00 - 12:30
Event text:    Prof Herman Höfte

	       Institut Jean-Pierre Bourgin UMR1318 INRA-AgroParisTech
	       INRA Centre de Versailles-Grignon

	       Versailles
	       FRANCE
Details:       "The role of cell wall synthesis and modification in
	       plant development"

	       ABSTRACT
	       In this presentation I first will show how the
	       regulation of cellulose synthesis impacts on plant
	       growth and morphogenesis. Next, I will discuss how the
	       auxin-controlled modification of pectin in the shoot
	       apical meristem leads to changes in tissue mechanics and
	       the formation of organ primordia.