[Seminars] PSB event reminder

contact at psb.vib-ugent.be contact at psb.vib-ugent.be
Tue Feb 19 11:10:01 CET 2013

Calendar Name: seminars
Scheduled for: Thursday, February 21 2013, 11:00 - 12:30
Event text:    Prof Geert De Jaeger

	       VIB, Dept. of Plant Systems Biology
	       Ghent University

	       Gent
	       BELGIUM
Details:       “Targeted interactomics in plants through protein
	       complex isolation”

	       ABSTRACT
	       TAPtag technology is the most widely applied tool to
	       pick up in situ protein interactions in a proteome wide
	       setting. Our research team has developed a versatile TAP
	       technology platform for protein complex isolation from
	       plants. We isolated complexes for hundreds of proteins
	       and extensively demonstrated the power of our technology
	       for protein discovery, functional analysis of proteins
	       and protein complexes, and the modelling of protein
	       networks. Complexes are purified from Arabidopsis cell
	       suspension cultures or seedlings and we are currently
	       translating the technology towards crop plants to bring
	       complex purification in a developmental context.