[Seminars] BIG N2N seminar on the current status of neXtProt, a web-based knowledge platform on human proteins by Prof. Bairoch on June 20

Katrijn Vannerum Katrijn.Vannerum at UGent.be
Tue Jun 14 09:39:29 CEST 2016

Dear all,

You're kindly invited to attend the seminar by Prof. Bairoch on Monday June 20. If you would like to have a meeting with Prof. Bairoch in the afternoon, please contact me.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C620.A5E16400]

[cid:image002.png at 01D1C620.A5E16400]

"The human proteome: the neXtprot knowledge resource and other biocuration activities"

Prof. Dr. Amos Bairoch

Department of Human Protein Science, Computer and Laboratory Investigation of Proteins of Human Origin (CALIPHO), University of Geneva Medical School, Switzerland

March 31, 2016 (11:00)
Jozef Schell seminar room, Technologiepark 927 - 9052 Zwijnaarde

www.bign2n.ugent.be/events<http://www.bign2n.ugent.be/events>
www.bign2n.ugent.be/node/232<http://www.bign2n.ugent.be/node/232>

Abstract
We will describe the current status of neXtProt (www.nextprot.org<http://www.nextprot.org>), a web-based knowledge platform on human proteins. In particular we will discuss : 1) our efforts in the integration and representation of proteomics information in the context of the HUPO Human Proteome Project (HPP); 2) new developments relevant to the neXtProt search engine, our API and our XML/JSON export functionalities.

We will also summarize our efforts toward the in depth structured annotation of the phenotypic effect of protein sequence variants in the context of genetic diseases and cancers.

Kind regards,
Katrijn Vannerum

PhD
Project manager
BIG N2N (Bioinformatics Institute Ghent From Nucleotides to Networks)
Ghent University
http://www.bign2n.ugent.be/
twitter: @N2N_UGent
Katrijn.Vannerum at UGent.be<mailto:Katrijn.Vannerum at UGent.be>
Technologiepark 927
9052 Gent, Belgium
+32 (0)9 331 36 85
[logo_BIG N2N_signature]