Subject: Postdoc: NYU.EvolutionarySystemsBiology
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 04:03:56 -0400 (EDT)

Postdoctoral Researcher, Siegal Lab, New York University

A postdoc position is available in Mark Siegal's lab at NYU's Center  
for Genomics and Systems Biology. The Siegal lab uses a variety of  
experimental and computational approaches to understand the causes and  
consequences of phenotypic robustness. The successful candidate will  
work on an NIH-funded project to dissect genetic and environmental  
sources of variation in yeast cell morphology, using high-throughput  
fluorescence microscopy and automated image analysis. The postdoc will  
also have the opportunity to pursue independent research related to  
this work.

The Center for Genomics and Systems Biology is a dynamic and  
interactive research environment, with a unique concentration of labs  
investigating questions at the intersection of functional genomics and  
evolution. NYU is located in the wonderful Greenwich Village  
neighborhood of New York City.

Applicants should be motivated, creative and collegial. Prior  
experience with relevant experimental methods (yeast molecular  
genetics, microscopy, image analysis) is advantageous. Review of  
applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is  
filled. To apply please email Mark Siegal <mark.siegal AT nyu.edu>  
with CV, a list of references and a brief statement of research  
experience and interests. New York University is an equal opportunity  
employer.

Mark L. Siegal
Assistant Professor
Center for Genomics and Systems Biology
Department of Biology
New York University
100 Washington Square East
New York, NY 10003
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~ms4131