[BBC] Fwd: Position open: Scientific programmer, Genome Variation, Algorithms Development, TGAC, UK

Frederik Coppens frcop at psb.vib-ugent.be
Mon Sep 15 12:12:20 CEST 2014

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Bernardo Clavijo (TGAC)" <Bernardo.Clavijo at tgac.ac.uk>
> Subject: Position open: Scientific programmer, Genome Variation, Algorithms Development, TGAC, UK
> Date: 15 Sep 2014 11:27:30 GMT+2
> To: "Bernardo Clavijo (TGAC)" <Bernardo.Clavijo at tgac.ac.uk>
>
> Hi all,
> I just wanted to ask you a favour. I have an opening in my Algorithms Development at TGAC for a scientific programmer/postdoc. Would you please spread the word among the people that could be interested?
> Work area will be mainly variant analysis on genomes (challenging genomes, such as a variety of plants), with a focus going from tool evaluation and pipeline design to algorithm development, depending on the profile of the successful candidate. There is a couple of directions we want to expand our research into, so there will be freedom to choose among those and purse the candidate’s own research ideas.
> The ideal candidate should have a good CS/math/stats background, and some experience on NGS, but the main thing I am looking for is someone with a lot of enthusiasm to learn and develop new techniques.
> More details available on the website: http://jobs.tgac.ac.uk/Details.asp?vacancyID=8119 and obviously for any other questions, simply write me an e-mail.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best,
>

> Bernardo J. Clavijo
>
> Project Leader
> Bioinformatics Algorithms Development
> The Genome Analysis Centre, Norwich, UK

Frederik Coppens, Ph.D.
Project Leader
Applied Bioinformatics & Biostatistics

Tel: 32 (0)9 3313692                          Fax:32 (0)9 3313809
VIB DEPARTMENT OF PLANT SYSTEMS BIOLOGY, UGent
Technologiepark 927, 9052 Gent, BELGIUM

frcop at psb.ugent.be                         http://www.psb.ugent.be/abb