[BBC] 10 PhD positions in single cell proteomics for thermophiles (PROHITS)

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Wed Jan 31 13:53:15 CET 2024

Dear all,

The PROHITS MSCA doctoral network has 10 open positions for PhD students to work on the development, both experimental and computational, of single-cell proteomics for thermophiles. In PROHITS we want to achieve a comprehensive understanding of the proteome of thermophilic prokaryotes at the single-cell level, spanning a range of temperatures, plus gain insights into the stability of proteins at these high temperatures and develop genome-scale metabolic models for such organisms.  The overarching goal is to enhance our insights into thermophile biology and pave the way for the optimized design of cell factories - thermophilic cell factories are expected to play a key role in next-generation industrial biotechnology.

We are inviting enthusiastic candidates to join this exciting interdisciplinary project as PhD researchers. More information on the positions and information on how to apply are available here, with a 15/3 deadline:

https://prohits.eu/recruitment/

Hope to hear from you!

Best,

Wim

Prof. Dr. Wim Vranken                Tel: +32 (0)2 6291952<tel:+3226291952> (VUB)

VUB - Building E, 5th Floor, E5.02, Pleinlaan 2 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Structural Biology Brussels/Artificial Intelligence/General Chemistry/Biomedical sciences
Associate professor - http://bio2byte.be/

ULB-VUB - Interuniversity Institute of Bioinformatics in Brussels (IB)2
Member and former director - http://ibsquare.be/

ELIXIR - Bringing together life science resources across Europe
Co-lead of ELIXIR IDP community, member of ELIXIR-Belgium management board