[BBC] PhD position in Brussels on AI for Cancer Evolution

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Wed Jul 10 18:52:13 CEST 2024

Dear all,

The Computational Biology and Bioinformatics group of the Université Libre de Bruxelles (Profs Fabrizio Pucci and Marianne Rooman https://3bio.polytech.ulb.be/en/bioinfo) is seeking candidates for a PhD position funded by a Televie grant in collaboration with the IRIBHM group of Prof. Maxime Tarabichi (https://iribhm.org/maxime-tarabichi/).

Research project: Fundamental open questions in cancer research include how and which somatic mutations confer an evolutionary advantage to cancer cell clones. Their understanding would contribute to precision immunotherapies and the prediction of tumor evolution. Our project « Leveraging artificial intelligence for improving prediction of cancer cell fitness and clonal evolution » aims to advance the identification of key somatic mutations in cancer initiation and progression and to understand the mechanisms underlying clonal expansion with the help of artificial intelligence techniques. The project will be carried out within a multidisciplinary and enthusiastic bioinformatics team.

Offer: We are offering you a PhD position for 4 years, to come and work in our two laboratories with strong expertise in the field of bioinformatics, artificial intelligence and computational genomics. The starting date is October 2024.

Required:
-  Master's degree in sciences (Bioinformatics, Physics, Chemistry, Informatics, Biology) or (Bio)Engineering.
-  Good programming skills.

Desirable:
- Experience in artificial intelligence techniques and/or bioinformatics.
- Knowledge of computational genomics

Contact: Please submit: (1) a cover letter detailing your background and interest in the position, (2) a full CV and (3) one reference (with email address and phone number), to Prof. Fabrizio Pucci (fabrizio.pucci at ulb.be<mailto:marianne.rooman at ulb.be>)

Fabrizio