[BBC] Job opening at Vrije Universiteit Brussel: Computing/X-ray facility manager

Joke Reumers joke.reumers at vub.ac.be
Fri Apr 4 14:27:56 CEST 2008

The VIB Department of Molecular and Cellular Interactions at the Vrije
Universiteit Brussel is looking for a highly motivated X-ray
facility/computing manager. The successful candidate will provide expert
support to our in house structural biology community and will conduct
research in the area of structural biology through internal and/or
external collaborations. The department currently contains four groups
involved in structural biology totalling around 40 people. A Bio-NMR
group is to be established beginning next year. Details on the research
conducted in the department can be found on our websites
(http://www.vib.be/ and http://ultr.vub.ac.be/).

Experience with UNIX/LINUX system administration is a must and
experience with the computational side of  protein crystallography is
desirable, although we will also consider candidates with a (structural)
bioinformatics background interested in moving towards X-ray
crystallography.
The main service duties will include:
- Maintaining and upgrading the crystallographic and NMR computing
facilities and reassuring of data back-up
- Maintenance of the in-house X-ray data collection facilities
- Organizing and streamlining synchrotron trips

Interested candidates should send their cv to Remy Loris
(reloris at vub.ac.be) together with the names and contact details of at
least two reference persons. Salary will be discussed and will depend on
the level of experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.

Remy Loris
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Plkeinlaan 2
B-1050 Brussel