[BBC] Positions, Bioinformatics for Proteomics, Utrecht University

Dr. B. van Breukelen b.vanbreukelen at uu.nl
Mon May 25 21:27:56 CEST 2009

The Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Group
(www.chem.uu.nl/bioms) at Utrecht University (www.uu.nl) is a state of the
art laboratory at the core of the Netherlands Proteomics Centre
(www.netherlandsproteomicscentre.nl). Our group has a focus on technology
development, proteome research and quantitative proteomics, all together
implementing  a large variety of experimental approaches. With the
development of high throughput approaches as well as an increase in data
production a huge demand for solid bioinformatics has arisen.

For our group we are looking for enthusiastic, Scientific programmers and
PhD/PostDoc level bioinformaticians, who would like to work in a (small)
group of bioinformaticians on building an automated mass spectrometry data
analysis and processing pipeline. Within this project we are looking for
people who can implement existing and novel algorithms and tools as well as
bioinformaticians who would like to develop new approaches in data analysis
for mass spectrometry. Our current projects have a focus on ad hoc
bioinformatics (small projects to solve specific user/experimental
challenges),  de novo peptide/protein analysis, data (pre) processing, data
annotation and quantitative proteomics approaches.

Do you:

Have a background in bioinformatics/biotechnology/proteomics

Have Good knowledge/experience in programming (Java/Perl)

Knowledge or Experience with databases (SQL)

Knowledge or Experience with GRID computing

Knowledge or Experience with Web services

Are you flexible and a team player and do you like to work on several
projects at the same time?

Then we can offer you a 2 year position at our group (with the possibility
of extending your contract for up to 4 years).

For more information you can contact:

Dr. Bas van Breukelen

b.vanbreukelen at uu.nl

+31(0)30 2539761