[BBC] Associate Bioinformatics at TGX,Maastricht University

Theunissen Daniël (TGX) d.theunissen at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Fri Sep 12 11:35:13 CEST 2014

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Toxicogenomics at Maastricht University  is looking for an associate Bioinformatics.
Your aim as an associate bioinformatics will be to implement, manage and maintain bioinformatics tools for the analysis of omics and NGS data. These omics and NGS data are to be analyzed in order to improve the understanding of our ongoing genomics and toxicology research. Another essential task that you will perform is maintaining/updating the several application- and storage-servers that have been set up in our department. Subsequently, desired bioinformatics tools are to be frequently updated and additional ones to be installed. The development of analysis pipelines will be part of your work.

Profile
A BSc in (Bio)informatics with experience in database and software design, development, implementation, management and maintenance. Programming skills in R, Perl or other relevant language is required. Knowledge of genomics and UNIX system administration is highly desirable.

More information can be found at https://www.academictransfer.com/employer/UM/vacancy/24400/lang/en/

For inquiries:
Dr. D.G.J. Jennen (+31 (0)43-3883983, danyel.jennen at maastrichtuniversity.nl<mailto:danyel.jennen at maastrichtuniversity.nl>)
Department of Toxicogenomics, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht

Best regards,

Daniel Theunissen