[BBC] Extended abstract deadline for Applied Bioinformatics in Life Sciences - 25th of January 2016

Alexander Botzki | VIB | Alexander.Botzki at vib.be
Fri Jan 8 15:57:29 CET 2016

Extended abstract deadline is January 25, 2016!

Dear colleague,

The first edition of the two day event 'Applied Bioinformatics in Life Sciences' ( http://www.vibconferences.be/event/applied-bioinformatics-in-life-sciences ) organized by the Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), will take place on March 17-18, 2016 in Leuven, Belgium.

Present your research with a poster or talk You can showcase your own research to the international research community during the poster sessions at the conference. The best abstracts will be selected to give a presentation as well. The extended deadline for the abstract submission is January 25, 2016. You can upload your abstract on the conferences website. In the last week of January you will receive an email concerning your acceptation. All accepted abstracts will be included in the program book.

PhD and junior researchers discount
VIB supports junior researchers and PhD students. For Applied Bioinformatics in Life Sciences we do this by giving a significant discount when registering before February 1, 2016. For more registration info, please visit the conferences website.

Limited places for the Meet the Expert session with Prof. Dr. Matthias Mann VIB Conferences offers all junior researchers the opportunity to join our 'Meet the Expert' session with Prof. Dr. Matthias Mann (MPI.DE), one of our top speakers. During an informal round table discussion, PhD students and postdocs will have the exclusive opportunity to ask any question/advise related to their research and careers. If you are interested in joining the session then send an e-mail to conferences at vib.be. Seating is very limited so make sure to reserve a spot soon!

Final program
View our final program with top scientists including: Matthias Mann (MPI.DE), Peer Bork (EMBL.DE), Luis Serrano (CGR.ES), Nuria Lopez-Bigas (University of Pompeu Fabra, ES) Christine Orengo (UCL, UK), Eran Segal (Weizmann Institute, IL), and many more.

http://www.vibconferences.be/event/applied-bioinformatics-in-life-sciences

We hope to meet you at the conference,

Alexander Botzki
VIB Bioinformatics Training and Service facility, VIB HQ

On behalf of the organizing committee