[BBC] Introduction to Python for Biologists 4-8 April 2016 - Few places left

Bert Overduin Bert.Overduin at ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 22 14:26:36 CET 2016

Dear all,

This is to let you know that we have a few places left on our Introduction
to Python for Biologists course from 4-8 April 2016.

As Python is an ideal first language for beginning programmers, this course
is extremely well suited for those working in biology / genomics without
any previous programming experience.

The course will be taught by Martin Jones, founder of Python for Biologists
(http://pythonforbiologists.com) and a very experienced Python teacher,
assisted by myself. Having two instructors for around 20 students will
guarantee lots of one-on-one time.

For more information and to register, please have a look at:

https://genomics.ed.ac.uk/introduction-python-biologists-april-2016

Note that the course will be repeated from 11-15 July 2016:

https://genomics.ed.ac.uk/introduction-python-biologists-july-2016

Finally, I don't want to withhold from you some of the feedback we received
for last week's course:

*"Brilliantly well-run. From the book; to the USB stick with all the files
we need; to the topics covered; to the system of helping us one-on-one, I
cannot fault the course."*

*"It was a great workshop full of amazing content and great people. Thank
you!"*

*"#Drawing upon 15 years of teaching experience at a University, I find:
Num_faults == 0"*

With kind regards,
Bert

--