[BBC] [Gtpb] IB16F - Introductory Bioinformatics - with a soft introduction to NGS Data Analysis - Announcement

Pedro Fernandes pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Apr 11 17:02:58 CEST 2016

      *REMINDER*

Dear all,

The Applications for the bioinformatics training course IB16F -
Introductory Bioinformatics -  which is our ENTRY LEVEL training
course, with a soft introduction to NGS Data Analysis - are still *OPEN*

New deadline

     IMPORTANT DATES for this Course
    Deadline for applications: April 14th 2016      <======= NEW !!!
    Course date: April 18th - April 22nd 2016

Candidates with adequate profile will be accepted in the next 72 hours
after the application until we reach 20 participants.

*WARNING* this is one of our most popular training courses. It usually
gets fully booked quite rapidly.

Details, including application instructions, are available here:
http://gtpb.igc.gulbenkian.pt/bicourses/IB16F

This is an ENTRY LEVEL course, not because it is too simple, but
because the level of the pre-requisites is very low. It is designed
for participants with no a-priori knowledge about Bioinformatics.

A variety of reasons, technical and economical, have led to a
situation where affordable nucleotide sequencing data comes
exclusively from Next Generation Sequencing machinery. This creates
extra needs in knowing how to handle such data. Our course will cover
this subject in a soft way.

As usual in our courses we have two aims: to transfer a lot of skills
by hands-on experience, and to maximise usage independence. All of
this is achieved in highly interactive sessions, using teamwork and
feedback techniques quite extensively.

Best wishes,

Pedro Fernandes

--