[BBC] [Gtpb] Introductory BIOSTSTISTICS for Biologists - course announcement for Sept 2018

Pedro L. Fernandes pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Jul 10 22:58:45 CEST 2017

                         ANNOUNCEMENT
IBSTATB17
Introductory Biostatistics for Biologists
     with Ana Luisa Papoila and Fernanda Diamantino.

The GTPB is proud to announce that the above referenced hands-on
training course is open for applications

IMPORTANT DATES for this Course
    Deadline for applications: Aug 30th 2017
    Course dates: Sept 11th - Sept 15th 2017

Candidates with adequate profile will be accepted in the next 72 hours
after the application, until we reach 20 participants.

Course Description:
This is one of our "Foundations" type courses, providing a systematic
and detailed review of fundamental concepts and techniques in
Biostatistics. Participants can expect to go through a set of
exercises that are based on biomedical problems. These exercises are
preceded by short lectures that are simple to follow. The lectures are
designed to provide the conceptual framework that is needed to release
the training power of the exercises, not to flood the participants
with formality, which will be kept to a minimum. We will make use of a
highly interactive methodology, taking advantage of our well equipped
Bioinformatics training room. With this approach, we expect to bring
the participants to a high degree of usage independence in using the
methods that we cover.
Main topics: Descriptive Statistics; Probability; Statistical
Inference; Design of Experiments.

Detailed description here:
http://gtpb.igc.gulbenkian.pt/bicourses/IBSTATB17/

Hoping that this course meets your interests,

Pedro Fernandes
--
Pedro L. Fernandes
Bioinformatics Training Coordinator