[BBC] ELIXIR-EXCELERATE Train the Trainer event - Salerno, Italy - 27-29 September, 2017

Alexander Botzki Alexander.Botzki at vib.be
Tue Aug 22 19:37:43 CEST 2017

On behalf of Allegra and for those you wish to get or extend trainer skills

Dear Training Coordinators,
Three weeks ago, we announced the 9th ELIXIR-EXCELERATE TtT course, which will take place in Salerno, IT, 27-29 September.
Could you please make aware the community of trainers in your node of this opportunity?

Thank you,

Allegra

COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT

Please circulate this email to those who might be interested.

ELIXIR-IIB, in cooperation with the ELIXIR-EXCELERATE Train-The-Trainer programme, is pleased to announce a Train the Trainer (TtT) event in connection with a training course on “Best Practices for RNA-Seq analysis<https://elixir-iib-training.github.io/website/2017/09/27/RNA-seq-Salerno.html>”.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Course date: 27-29 September 2017

VENUE: University of Salerno, Fisciano (SA), Italy.

We will accept a maximum of 15 participants. Priority will be given to candidates from ELIXIR nodes. Notifications of acceptance will be sent shortly after the application, which will remain open until we reach 15 participants.

Full details and the application form at: https://elixir-iib-training.github.io/website/2017/09/27/train-the-trainer-salerno.html

COURSE DESCRIPTION:
The course is made up of four sessions, covering:
·  Learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching
·  Teaching techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation
·  Assessment and feedback in training and teaching
·  Lesson, course, and materials design
Examples and discussions will also focus on the challenges presented by academic teaching.

Who may be interested in this course?
Whoever wants to become a teacher or a better one. If you have questions like the following ones, this course may be very helpful to you.
·  How learning works?
·  How can I use learning principles to improve my teaching?
·  How can I make my teaching more engaging and effective?
·  How should I adjust my teaching to different types of learners?
·  How can I help slow learners?
·  How can I assess whether my students are actually understanding my lessons? Are they actually learning?
·  What is the best balance between theory and practice?
·  How can I best assess whether learning is occurring and/or has occurred?
·  What works in a classroom and what doesn’t?
·  Etc.
Should you have any question about organisational issues, do not hesitate to contact the ELIXIR-IIB Training Team (elixir.ita.training at gmail.com<mailto:elixir.ita.training at gmail.com>) or the local organiser Anna Marabotti (amarabotti at unisa.itamarabotti<mailto:amarabotti at unisa.itamarabotti>@unisa.it<http://unisa.it/>).
If you have questions regarding the course goals and content, you may contact the trainers: Allegra Via (allegra.via at gmail.com<mailto:allegra.via at gmail.com>) and Pedro Fernandes (pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt<mailto:pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt>).

Thank you for your interest,

The Organisers and the ELIXIR-IIB Training Team