[BBC] [Gtpb] Fwd: Bioinformatics training courses open for applications

Pedro L. Fernandes pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Wed Oct 11 04:06:33 CEST 2017

Dear member of the GTPB mailing list,

This is a reminder about training courses currently open for applications.

The GTPB training programme, running regularly at the IGC since 1999
has provided skills and usage independence to over 5000 international
participants.

1)
ELB17S Entry level Bioinformatics, is aimed at newcomers to
Bioinformatics. We  use an established method of centering in a single
gene/problem to walk you through several aspects of using computer
science to work with biological data, namely sequences and derived
information. Then we focus on different techniques that are specific
to Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data on which a modern biologist
needs to have developed analytical capabilities. The course is fully
"hands-on". If you need to use sequencing data in your research and
have not had a chance to acquire such skills, please consider
applying. Feedback from previous editions clearly shows that, for most
people, attending this course was well worth the time and effort, as
it has significantly contributed the conduction of their research.
http://gtpb.igc.gulbenkian.pt/bicourses/ELB17S/

2)
PM117 Precision Medicine is a hands-on training course on
translational research applied to cancer diagnosis, therapy and
follow-up.  It will enable you to start from NGS data and analysis
reports and achieve further interpretation that is then amenable to
take informed decisions, confronting them with known clinical results.
This understanding is absolutely fundamental to promote the practice
of precision medicine, tailored to the individual patient while in
agreement with known diagnostics, therapeutics and clinical outcomes.
In this course we will focus on cancer genomics, but the methods could
be ported to other complex diseases.
http://gtpb.igc.gulbenkian.pt/bicourses/PM17/

Please feel free to point our courses to your colleagues.

Best,
Pedro
--
Pedro L. Fernandes