[BBC] Job openings at The Hyve: System Administrator and more

Ward Weistra ward at thehyve.nl
Wed Apr 18 19:07:35 CEST 2018

Dear all,

At our bioinformatics company The Hyve we are looking for multiple new
colleagues to complement the team. The System Administrator job description
is listed below, but please find all our open positions at
https://thehyve.nl/the-hyve/working-at-the-hyve/.

Thank you for sharing!

Best regards,
Ward Weistra

System Administrator

*Job description*
The Hyve is a young, innovative and fast growing company employing software
engineers, bioinformaticians and data scientists. We are dedicated to
developing software and data management tools to support scientists in life
sciences and healthcare R&D with open source software, open data and open
standards.

We maintain a growing farm of Cloud servers as part of our professional
open source software hosting and service contracts. Our clients include top
universities, hospitals, and a number of international pharma and food
companies.

If you are an experienced system administrator looking for a varied role,
then this is an excellent opportunity to join The Hyve. As system
administrator you are responsible for keeping the infrastructure
operational. You are trustworthy and reliable. A service oriented problem
solver. A team player and excellent communicator with developers, managers
and clients.

*Tasks:*

   - Set up and configure new servers
   - Maintain servers
   - Security, availability and vitals monitoring
   - Backup management
   - Application deployment automation
   - Application support: problem diagnosis, configuration changes, assist
   with code changes (i.e. bug fixes)
   - Network infrastructure configuration
   - Cloud infrastructure configuration / scripting
   - Performance monitoring and optimization

*Required are:*

   - Linux System administration (Ubuntu, RedHat, main focus: command line
   tools)
   - Deployment automation / configuration management tools (Puppet,
   Ansible, Vagrant)
   - Networks (TCP/IP, VPN, SSH tunnels, etc.)
   - Website hosting (Apache, SSL certificates, etc.)
   - Database configuration (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle)
   - Personality and ability to learn new technologies
   - Fluency in English (oral and written)
   - Based in the Netherlands (or willing to relocate)
   - Proven experience with system and/or application security

*Desired are:*

   - Puppet configuration management
   - Experience in scaling applications (Java/Scala backends) and databases
   (PostgresDB, MySQL, MongoDB)
   - Hadoop stack experience (especially Spark, Parquet, HDFS)
   - Technical support for Mac and Windows computers
   - Remote access tooling (Citrix, RDP, etc.)
   - Git and Github (see https://github.com/thehyve)
   - Hypervisors (OpenStack APIs, especially Nova, VMware, etc.)
   - Knowledge of ISO27001 or similar information security management
   standards
   - Fluency in Dutch

*We offer:*
We offer a 32-40 hours workweek, a competitive salary and a pleasant
working environment with young and bright colleagues.

*More information?*
Marinel Cavelaars, Manager Services
Jojanneke Blaak, HR Officer
+31 30 7009713 or hr at thehyve.nl
--

Ward Weistra | Team Lead Data Warehousing
*Out of office on Friday*

E.   ward at thehyve.nl
T.   +31 30 700 9713
W.  www.thehyve.nl
Skype. wardweistra | M. +1 347 979 2731 |  Twitter
<https://twitter.com/WardWeistra>. |  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/wardweistra/>.