[BBC] Registration open for "Boost Your Visibility - Improving F of FAIR for your Training and Data Resources through Bioschemas", 7-8 February 2019, Utrecht, the Netherlands

Celia van Gelder celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl
Tue Jan 29 10:24:03 CET 2019

Dear  colleagues,

I am writing you to announce an ELIXIR-NL/DTL event& hackathon that we are
hosting in Utrecht early February that might be interesting for you or
members of your organisation. Registration is free of charge.

Please spread this further to people who are working with resources in
Training, Biobanks, Samples, Beacons, Tools and would benefit of making
their resources better annotated and better visible and findable.

Thank you!

Best

Celia

- apologies for cross posting --

Dear colleague,

Are you a  training provider/organizer with a catalogue of training events
and/or training materials or a data provider, curator or manager of Life
Science resources such as Biobanks, Proteins, Samples, Beacons, Tools?  Then
this hackathon may be very relevant for you!

DTL and ELIXIR-NL are organising a workshop/hackathon for content providers
of Life Science resources such as Proteins, Samples, Beacons, Tools, and
Training events and materials. Join this event to learn how to make your
resources rank higher on (Google, Bing, Yahoo and other) search result pages
or include your resource in relevant registries (like TeSS, the ELIXIR
Training Portal) and receive more web traffic can raise the exposure of your
work to be found by larger audiences.

The event will start at lunch time on Thursday February 7 and will finish on
Friday February 8 at 4pm. Participants can register either for the first day
(Feb 7) or for both days (Feb 7 + Feb 8).

In the first half day of this 1.5 day event participants will learn about
<http://schema.org/> schema.org and bioschemas from experts working on
Bioschemas definitions and implementations for ELIXIR resources and they
will get some examples of successful Bioschemas implementations in  Life
Science resources, both from within and outside the Netherlands. This day is
suitable for anyone wanting to learn more about  <http://schema.org/>
schema.org, bioschemas annotations and how they can help increase the
visibility of Life Science web resources.

The second day will have the form of a hackathon during which participants
will work on adding Bioschemas metadata to their resources with the help of
the experts. To make it possible participants will need the skills to modify
the source code behind the web pages of the resource as well as have the
access and permission to do it. For training materials and events we will
also add them to the ELIXIR's Training Portal TeSS.

You can find the agenda of the meeting on the
<https://www.dtls.nl/events/boost-your-visibility-improving-f-of-fair-for-du
tch-training-and-data-resources-through-bioschemas/> DTL website and
register  <https://goo.gl/forms/QzOn6E7bBhQGpDKf1> here (free of charge).

We are looking forward to seeing you at the event!

On behalf of DTL/ELIXIR-NL,

Celia van Gelder and Mateusz Kuzak

Dr. Celia W.G. van Gelder

Programme Manager DTL Learning

Training Coordinator ELIXIR-NL

ELIXIR Training Platform Leader

tel. +31613375327

e-mail:  <mailto:celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl> celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl

websites:   <http://www.dtls.nl/> www.dtls.nl,  <http://www.biosb.nl/>
www.biosb.nl

skype: celia.van.gelder

Office: DTL | Jaarbeurs Innovation Mile (JIM) | 6th floor Beatrixgebouw |
Jaarbeursplein 6 | 3521 AL Utrecht
Postal address: Postbus 8500 | 3503 RM Utrecht

While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no
expectation to receive a reply outside yours.