[BBC] Deadline February 8: Invitation to submit your abstract to Training, Education and Capacity Building Session at BioSB conference.

Celia van Gelder celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl
Wed Feb 6 17:15:29 CET 2019

*	Apologies for cross-posting -

Dear colleague,

We are happy to announce that this year on the BioSB conference (
<https://www.aanmelder.nl/biosb2019/abstract-submission> 2-3 April 2019 in
Lunteren) there will be a session devoted to Training, Education & Capacity
building.

This session can only take place if there are enough high-quality
submissions related to these topics, so your input is more than welcome!!

With this mail we want to invite you to submit an abstract related to your
work in training, education, skill building etc.

It can be an abstract for an oral presentation (deadline February 8, 2019),
but also for a poster (deadline March 15, 2019).

Possible topics would include, but are not limited to:

- experiences in interdisciplinary/bioinformatics/data-science teaching

- evaluation of best practices in training, and how to exchange them

- increase of computer science/maths/data-science components in bio/medical
and other bachelor and/or master curricula

- how to shape the bioinformatics/life-sciences-data-science teaching
landscape in NL

- curriculum building for specific areas, e.g. Open Science, Data
Stewardship etc.

- how to evaluate the impact of training activities

- train the trainer activities

- training gap analysis

We are looking forward to your submissions and hope to see you in Lunteren
in April!

Best regards

Celia van Gelder,  BioSB Conference Education & Training Session Chair

Anton Feenstra, BioSB Conference Programme Committee

Dr. Celia W.G. van Gelder

Programme Manager DTL Learning

Training Coordinator ELIXIR-NL

ELIXIR Training Platform Leader

tel. +31613375327

e-mail:  <mailto:celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl> celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl

websites:   <http://www.dtls.nl/> www.dtls.nl,  <http://www.biosb.nl/>
www.biosb.nl

skype: celia.van.gelder

Office: DTL | Jaarbeurs Innovation Mile (JIM) | 6th floor Beatrixgebouw |
Jaarbeursplein 6 | 3521 AL Utrecht
Postal address: Postbus 8500 | 3503 RM Utrecht

While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no
expectation to receive a reply outside yours.