[BBC] NERC Bursaries for Edinburgh Genomics Courses

TRAIN edgenomics-training edge-training at ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 11 15:49:11 CET 2019

Dear All

We are pleased to announce we have a number of bursaries available to cover up-to the full fees of any of our upcoming bioinformatics courses. These bursaries are available to UK based students or researchers funded by the NERC or working on research that falls under the remit of the NERC (https://nerc.ukri.org/research/portfolio/remit/).

Bursaries are available for any of our courses (see below) but are available for a LIMITED TIME ONLY: They are available for any course booked BEFORE 27th MARCH. So please don't wait to sign up!

Our upcoming courses:

Linux for Genomics, 13th March - An introduction to working on the command line, running commands and handling data relevant to bioinformatics.  https://genomics.ed.ac.uk/services/linux-genomics

R for Genomics, 14-15th March - An introduction to the statistical environment R, taking you from the very basics to writing basic functions and creating beautiful figures with ggplot2 https://genomics.ed.ac.uk/services/r-genomics

Introduction to Python for Biologists, 18-22 March -  This introductory course gives an overview of the language with an emphasis on practical problem-solving, using examples and exercises drawn from various aspects of bioinformatics work. https://genomics.ed.ac.uk/services/introduction-python-biologists-0

Data Manipulation and Visualisation with Python, 08 - 12 April  - Python has a many high-quality libraries for working with scientific data. In this workshop we will see how to leverage these libraries to efficiently work with and visualise large volumes of data. https://genomics.ed.ac.uk/services/data-manipulation-and-visualisation-python

Introduction to RNA-seq Data Analysis, 9-10th May - This two-day course takes you through a tried-and-tested workflow for analysing RNA-seq data, from read mapping and QC to differential expression and result visualisation. https://genomics.ed.ac.uk/services/introduction-rna-seq-data-analysis

If you think you are provably eligible for one of these bursaries, sign up to your desired course through the link provided and we will be in contact regarding fees.

Kind Regards

Nathan Medd

Training and Outreach Manager - Edinburgh Genomics
G.06, Ashworth Laboratories, Charlotte Auerbach Road, The King's Buildings, The University of Edinburgh, EH9 3FL, Edinburgh, Scotland

Edinburgh Genomics' Privacy Notice can be viewed at: http://genomics.ed.ac.uk/about-us/privacy-notice
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to
whom they are addressed. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender.