[BBC] Postdoc Position in Berlin on Human Evolution

Katja Nowick katja.nowick at fu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 27 23:01:57 CEST 2019

*Dear all,*

*We are looking for a postdoc who is interested in Human Evolution. The
position can be for a bioinformatician:*

*Our group “Human Biology and primate Evolution“ investigates the
molecular evolution of humans using state-of-the art experimental and
computational methods. Our focus is on differences in gene regulation,
evolution of transcription factors and non-coding RNAs and their
influence on the evolution of the human brain, its development and
functions. *

*The postdoc position is fully funded. The applicant is expected to
propose and develop a research project that fits to the general
interests of the group. Requirements for the position are a Dr. rer.
nat. or PhD in Biology or Bioinformatics or another relevant field. The
ideal candidate would have a strong interest in human evolution and
expertise within multiple of the following areas: conducting research
with induced pluripotent stem cells, differentiation into neuronal
cells, CRISPR/Cas9, functional investigation of transcription factors
and non-coding RNAs, ChIP-Seq, ChIRP-Seq, RNA-Seq, gene regulatory
networks, computational analysis of –omics data, R, Python, network
analysis.*

*She/he will participate in teaching “Human Biology” (in German) as well
as in “Human Evolution” and/or “Bioinformatics for Biologists” (in
English). The position allows for supervising Bachelor and Master
students as well as for applying for own funding, and is thus a good
opportunity for acquiring necessary experience for applying for faculty
positions afterward. It is initially for three years but can be extended
to up to six years. Scientific communication within the group is in
English.*

*If interested, please send a motivation letter including your project
idea along with your CV and two reference letters to
*katja.nowick at fu-berlin.de <mailto:katja.nowick at fu-berlin.de>*.*

*Best wishes,*

*Katja
*