[BBC] Save the date: ELIXIR-NL Training on technical aspects of Data Stewardship, 2-4 December 2019, Amsterdam

Celia van Gelder celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl
Tue Oct 15 09:23:58 CEST 2019

Dear all,

I would like to announce an upcoming ELIXIR-NL  training on the technical
aspects of data stewardship in Amsterdam.

Registration will open soon but if you are interested please save the date!

Topic: Technical aspects of Data Stewardship

Date: 2-4 December 2019

Location :  Conference Centre, Amsterdam Science Park, Amsterdam

We will explore the ELIXIR Data stewardship wizard and see how one can
employ and adopt it towards a community or research project.

We will set the first steps on the path to FAIRify metadata by the means of
linked data.

And finally we will see how FAIR data can be used in computational workflows
and how to gather provenance data while working with data assets.

Technologies:

*	ELIXIR Data stewardship wizard
*	Linked data
*	iRODS
*	Python
*	SURF compute clusters

Target audience

The training is targeted at data stewards, data scientists and research
software engineers who would like to deepen their knowledge on concepts and
practical implementations of data management/stewardship tools.

We assume that you are familiar with programming in a language like python,
R or Matlab.

Trainers

The training is organised by ELIXIR-NL and will be given by DTL, ELIXIR CZ,
SURF and Wageningen University.

Please note this date in your calendar if you are interested.  If you need
more information you can contact Christine Staiger
(christine.staiger at dtls.nl <mailto:christine.staiger at dtls.nl> )  who is
coordinating the course.

Best

Celia

Dr. Celia W.G. van Gelder

Programme Manager DTL Learning

Training Coordinator ELIXIR-NL

ELIXIR Training Platform Leader

tel. +31613375327

e-mail:  <mailto:celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl> celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl

websites:  <https://www.dtls.nl/> https://www.dtls.nl/,
<https://www.elixir-europe.org/platforms/training>
https://www.elixir-europe.org/platforms/training

skype: celia.van.gelder

Office: DTL | Jaarbeurs Innovation Mile (JIM) | 6th floor Beatrixgebouw |
Jaarbeursplein 6 | 3521 AL Utrecht
Postal address: Postbus 8500 | 3503 RM Utrecht

While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no
expectation to receive a reply outside yours.