[BBC] PhD position in statistical data integration for single cell CyTof experiments

Olivier THAS olivier.thas at uhasselt.be
Tue Nov 19 17:57:47 CET 2019

Dear all,

We are looking for a motivated PhD candidate with a good background in
statistics/bioinformatics/data science. You can find more details further
down this email.

Best wishes,
Olivier

*Data Integration Methods for Single Cell CyTof Experiments*

At  the Data Science Institute of Hasselt University, we are looking for a
PhD student to work on statistical / bioinformatics methods for single cell
CyTof data, and the integration of this data source with other
high-dimensional (-omics) datasets. We aim to develop new methods for CyTof
data dimension reduction and visualisation, and to integrate the CyTof data
with baseline patient characteristics and with other high-dimensional data
sources (e.g. SNP, RNASeq). This must allow for studying the relationship
between the SNP or RNASeq data and the cell populations as characterised by
CyTof. We also aim to develop methods for biomarker discovery using the
single cell Cytof data.

The project is funded for four years by a pharmaceutical company. The
anticipated starting date is January 1, 2020, but this is negotiable.
We are looking for a motivated candidate with a master in statistics,
bioinformatics or similar.
For more information: Prof. Olivier Thas (olivier.thas at uhasselt.be)

If you are interested, please send a CV and a motivation letter to
olivier.thas at uhasselt.be.

--

Prof. dr. Olivier Thas
Professor of Biostatistics

T +32(0)11 26 82 13 - GSM +32(0)486 578974

www.uhasselt.be
Universiteit Hasselt - Campus Diepenbeek
Agoralaan Gebouw D - B-3590 Diepenbeek
Kantoor E118