[BBC] advanced bachelor programme bioinformatics in Bruges (Belgium) (60 ECTS)

Demeyere Mieke Mieke.Demeyere at howest.be
Tue Feb 18 16:51:28 CET 2020

Dear Madam/Sir

HOWEST University of Applied Sciences starts in September 2020 with a remote bioinformatics study programme!

Advanced bachelor of Bioinformatics ... a small summary.

Why?
Bioinformatics is an emerging field, adding this extra degree to your curriculum, will have an added value to your resume.

Aim?
Teaching dry-lab skills to people with a molecular biological background in order to function as a fully trained bioinformatician.

Content?
·       Working with databases (build them, retrieve, access and store data in it)
·       High throughput analysis (working on pipeline, data analysis in R)
·       Construction of a bioinformatics tool (using php for web application, writing python scripts)
·       Other: comparative genomics analysis, data mining, structural analysis in pymol, ...

For more detailed information please access: http://bioinformatictools.howest.be/programme.pdf

For Who?
We recruit everyone who holds a diploma of higher education stating sufficient knowledge of molecular biology on (minimal) bachelor level (e.g. Bachelor biomedical Laboratory Technology, bachelor biochemistry, bachelor biotechnology, ...) also relevant Master and PhD degrees are eligible.

Duration?
One year in daytime education
Two year in remote education (starts in September 2020)

Want more information?
Contact us: Bit at howest.be<mailto:Bit at howest.be>, visit our website<https://www.howest.be/en/programmes/advanced-bachelor/bioinformatics> or watch our video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THTK1S-LH34> or presentation in attachment.

With kind regards

Mieke Demeyere
Opleidingscoördinator Biomedische Laboratoriumtechnologie/Programme coordinator Advanced Bachelor of Bioinformatics
[cid:image001.png at 01D5E67B.A4D954D0]
Howest University of Applied Sciences
Campus Brugge Station
Rijselstraat 5 - 8200 Brugge
Tel.: +32 50 38 12 77
Fax: +32 50 38 11 71
www.howest.be/blt<http://www.howest.be/blt> en https://www.howest.be/nl/opleidingen/banaba/bio-informatica

Bekijk onze navormingen en opleidingen via deze link<https://www.howest.be/nl/opleidingen/navormingen/biomedische-laboratoriumtechnologie-en-bio-informatica>.

Denk aan het milieu vooraleer je dit bericht of de bijlagen uitprint!