[BBC] Virtual ISCB Student Council Symposium 2020

Wim Cuypers Wim.Cuypers at uantwerpen.be
Tue May 19 16:48:26 CEST 2020

Dear researcher,

We are delighted to announce the 16th ISCB Student Council Symposium (SCS), which will take place 10-11 July 2020 as a completely virtual event.

Organized as pre-meeting of the annual ISMB<https://www.iscb.org/ismb2020>, the SCS enables students and young researchers (PhD students & Junior Postdocs) in the fields of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics to connect and build a network within the global computational biology community. Participants have the opportunity to present their work to an international audience and develop important soft skills in an environment that fosters the exchange of ideas and knowledge.

This year, we welcome keynote speakers Elana J. Fertig<https://www.scs2020.iscbsc.org/keynote_Elana_J_Fertig> (SKCCC / Johns Hopkins University) and Hamed S. Najafabadi<https://www.scs2020.iscbsc.org/Hamed_S_Najafabadi> (McGill University). Abstract submission<https://www.scs2020.iscbsc.org/abstract-submission> is now open until the 1st of June, both for oral and poster presentations. More details are available at our website<https://www.scs2020.iscbsc.org/>. We would like to thank our sponsor, Harvard Medical School, for supporting the Symposium!

The COVID-19 crisis prevents us from gathering physically, but we are convinced that we can reach and unite even more young Computational Biology researchers across the globe with this new and accessible virtual format.

We hope that we can count on you to help with this mission, and spread the word!

For frequent updates, please check our website<https://www.scs2020.iscbsc.org/>, or connect via twitter<https://twitter.com/iscbsc>.

Don't hesitate to contact<mailto:symposium at iscbsc.org> us if you have questions.

We look forward to meeting you in July!

On behalf of the SCS2020 organising team,

Wim

SCS2020 Chair

Wim Cuypers

Adrem Data Lab, University of Antwerp
Unit of Tropical Laboratory Medicine, Institute of Tropical Medicine Antwerp

Email: wim.cuypers at uantwerpen.be<mailto:wim.cuypers at uantwerpen.be>
Twitter: @CuypersWim<https://twitter.com/CuypersWim>