[BBC] Callout for workshop "Simulating cellular behaviours: advancing HPC-enabled Computational Biology"

Arnau Montagud arnau.montagud at bsc.es
Wed Aug 3 19:47:39 CEST 2022

Dear all,

>From PerMedCoE <https://permedcoe.eu/> , BSC and EMBL-EBI are organising a workshop in the ECCB 2022 conference <https://eccb2022.org/>  titled “Simulating cellular behaviours: advancing HPC-enabled Computational Biology” that will take place virtually on the 13 of September 2022, from 13h30 to 16h30 (Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Barcelona time).

The aim is to bring together researchers that develop or employ methodologies and tools for data analytics, modelling and/or machine learning focusing on simulating cellular behaviours. The focus will be on identifying ways to combine HPC-based methods to scale up computation with mechanistic and statistical modelling to build predictive dynamical models.

The keynote speaker will be Dr Elena J Fertig <https://fertiglab.com/> , Director of the Research Program in Quantitative Sciences, Co-Director of the Convergence Institute and Associate Director of Quantitative Sciences at the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center.

Additionally, we will have 6 selected talks from a call from abstracts for which we would like to gather interesting (and interested) people. Thus, *we kindly ask you to send contributions to this call for abstracts and to spread the word to interested parties*. Note that PerMedCoE can cover registration costs of several participants to the workshop. Specifically, PerMedCoE encourages the participation of young female researchers/technicians. Contact us if interested.

 Link to the workshop details: https://permedcoe.eu/call-for-abstracts-simulating-cellular-behaviours-advancing-hpc-enabled-computational-biology/ and https://eccb2022.org/ntb-w03/

 Link to the call for abstracts: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eccb202 (select “NTB-W03 | Simulating cellular behaviours: advancing HPC-enabled Computational Biology” track) – Deadline extended to 21st August

 Link to the tweet announcing the call for abstracts: https://twitter.com/PerMedCoE/status/1552896796795469824

Best regards,

Arnau Montagud

Computational Biology Group