[BBC] [Newsletter] Bioinformatics courses and new microdegree R

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Wed May 3 08:16:18 CEST 2023

#

[applicto]

#

Bioinformatics courses

Dear colleagues,

Do you love biology and computers? Do you want to learn how to use informatics methods to store, process and visualize molecular biological information? Do you dream of analysing DNA, transcripts, proteins, and biological systems like a pro? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you might be interested in our Bioinformatics course offer.

Bioinformatics is a new and spectacular field that combines molecular biology with informatics and programming. It is an interdisciplinary science that can help solve many biological problems and challenges. Bioinformatics can also open up many career opportunities for you in research, industry, healthcare, and education.
But how can you learn bioinformatics if you don't have the time or money to attend a traditional university programme? Well, don't worry, because there is a solution for you: Bioinformatics @home via distance learning, an advanced bachelor programme offered by Howest University of Applied Sciences in Belgium. It is designed for people who already have a bachelor degree in life sciences with knowledge of molecular biology (or equivalent) and want to upgrade their skills and knowledge in bioinformatics.
The best part is that you can study bioinformatics from the comfort of your own home and at your own pace. You don't need to travel to Belgium or pay expensive tuition fees. You just need a good computer with internet access and a passion for learning.

Our course offer:

- [Advanced Bachelor of Bioinformatics at home via distance learning](https://1uq94.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/uEaKRwIzaFD2UYOVZMwMlWUsx7mLravlVHK0Hze8ylDvSodc0ESON_2Wrw_GGhaCDNrR7slFw-B1blApadUO0xE27_OK_pyUYNEPEys7itGX-X_6jbkLCrOshuj_gxAlFWo4pET8Qo97V-Zqb22K4DECWa7PP2ipA2MVgnTFpX-Scnf3MZ9yPV_LxAB7WbPIiDZOP1KqPLPs3ETtWnobvnDAwS_nFPZsHi8wuW-nS8sd5WhKJmEccPPM5RW3VFxbncHMfn2AvCZejRNfldh8uDZbeioh-4AuCz7RX-6M4nSI0y5-vWoE6xxaX2dJVgo):
60 ECTS spread over a period of 2.5 years

Interested in a more intensive bioinformatics experience?

- [Advanced Bachelor of Bioinformatics daytime programme](https://1uq94.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/4ASyNoKD4_GG48i3VExGLCTp4OJJwBkMgzs2FGUOl3qxhZVjQYsBge4REoskaQnegBS2vpYV8hUenkE_GCcmBv8pQlc1QdmTBNj0Tc24zD3taQUAlnBTNj0eQFhN_7oplheF5tlRcSfrPNP5VQPrJrtshmK9SLVi7nXzj5ccsdhtkeJL3yVHEUkvxrvi3fU58TeMW0KT2SNcSbo1jj9AB16gcvyAF3yR8iGMgj2MlWtnxjF4kxJXVaTeVDIpQSYvYydEOxtesbsRPs0K8Owhy7oay-W80js--VI1Hg0jM-x--DgkQbSQ) in Bruges, Belgium:
60 ECTS in only 1 year

If you possess basic digital skills and want to learn how to critically analyse and represent scientific data, even without prior programming knowledge, then our new microdegree, R for Data Analysis and Visualisation, might be of interest to you! R is an open-source language with powerful data analysis and visualization capabilities. It offers a broad spectrum of statistical and graphical tools that aid in comprehending and interpreting data. By learning R, you can enhance your job opportunities, especially in domains that require advanced data analysis and visualization skills.

- [Microdegree R for Data Analysis and Visualisation](https://1uq94.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/Va3sEWDgg2aqspTBPNSmjWwaf4Qs9VNa0gzDwZ5_XL8OlzsI6_31a0SEY0iB5hZ8hF07ICso7Tu4RwoGAAwMPNmxfZzEP7gSsRP5ihvuR5kJCX988RAxUmj9TPpGGmvrWzlf_khLRmmhwQ09M6wxrEouwwa7KqRomHZFdhtRCu1Jz-sZTbbcW68vEpi5x257UvWpMqj2GQ1zY91n85C81fPgM8Jo9lj_MVBhmGqUFbn6CiBf98EUSRk9IHb-6LS6vh4wQUTM5f1OSstGyqLLhZPEpnzW2AXSFGQ):
5 ECTS over a period of 6 weeks

If you are interested in one of our courses, please visit our website for more information on admission requirements, application procedure, curriculum details, tuition fees, testimonials from former students, etc. Don't miss this opportunity to become a bioinformatics wizard from home! Apply now and join the Howest community of learners!
If you know of anyone else who shares our enthusiasm for bioinformatics, we encourage you to forward this email to them.

If you have any further inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at bit at howest.be.
Regards,
The bioinformatics team @ Howest
Mieke Demeyere, Jasper Decuyper, Cedric Hermans, Marieke Mispelaere, Paco Hulpiau

#

Howest University of Applied Sciences
Campus Brugge Station
Rijselstraat 5 - 8200 Brugge
Tel.: +32 50 38 12 77
www.howest.be/en/bioinformatics
bit at howest.be

#

This email was sent to bbclist at psb.vib-ugent.be
You received this email as a member
of our network in bioinformatics or laboratory sciences