[BBC] Symposium early-career compBio researchers

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Wed May 10 09:32:51 CEST 2023

Dear colleagues,

I'm excited to inform you about the upcoming Student Council Symposium (#SCS2023) and would like to request your help in promoting the event and encouraging the submission of abstracts.

The International Society for Computational Biology Student Council (ISCB-SC) and its Regional Student Groups are organizing the 19th Student Council Symposium (SCS) on July 23, 2023, as a hybrid event preceding the ISMB/ECCB 2023 conference in Lyon, France.

The symposium offers a unique opportunity for students and early-career researchers to present their work to an international audience, build their network within the vibrant community of early-career Computational Biology researchers, and develop soft skills in an environment that fosters the exchange of ideas and knowledge.

Our program features two keynotes from renowned scientists in the Computational Biology field, namely prof. Anaïs Baudot (CNRS, Marseille, France) and prof. Burkhard Rost (Technical University of Munich). In addition, we will include talks by students and Early Career Researchers, a poster session, and roundtable sessions to encourage the interaction among participants.

It would be great if you could share this message with anyone who might be interested to join the symposium or present research to our audience by submitting an abstract.

The deadline for abstract submissions is May 15, 2023. For registration details, please visit https://www.scs2023.iscbsc.org/Registration.

For more information, please visit our website<https://www.scs2023.iscbsc.org/> or Twitter<https://twitter.com/iscb_scs>. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at symposium at iscbsc.org<mailto:symposium at iscbsc.org>.

Thank you for your support, and I hope to see many of you at #SCS2023!

Best regards,

Wim

Wim Cuypers

Adrem Data Lab, University of Antwerp