[BBC] Job listing for Stratified Medical UK

John Overington john.overington at stratifiedmedical.com
Mon Jul 27 14:43:38 CEST 2015

Hi,

Can this be posted to your list. Many thanks,

John Overington

======

We are looking for an innovative data scientist to make a significant contribution in our drug discovery process by applying your expertise in bioinformatics data analysis, algorithm and workflow development and use of machine learning approaches applied to biological/chemical data.

Working alongside a team of other highly skilled data scientists applying the very latest approaches to data science (e.g. deep learning, SVM, machine learning, CNN’s, Deep Belief Networks, NLP, to name a few), and supported by industry-leading figures and mentors you will be well positioned to innovate and perform world-leading research.

Responsibilities

  *   Develop very large-scale bioinformatics components of our proprietary technology platform.
  *   Research deep-learning and other AI-based approaches to target validation and lead discovery and drug optimization.
  *   Maintain cutting edge awareness of the bio/cheminformatics fields.
  *   Play a key role in hands-on contribution to our drug discovery programs.

Essential Qualifications and Experience

  *   Programming in e.g. Python, JavaScript, java, web-services, and workflow tools (e.g. Pipeline Pilot/KNIME).
  *   Database experience – SQL, ideally also experience of MapReduce and NoSQL.
  *   Proven track record of applying informatics-based techniques to solve drug discovery problems.
  *   PhD and five-plus years of postdoctoral experience in a drug discovery environment.
  *   Expert knowledge of gene and protein sequence analysis, structural biology, pathway analysis, impact of genetic variation, and protein modelling; combined with experience of a wide range of bioinformatics resources – e.g. Ensembl, UniProt, Pfam, PDB, ModBase, Human Protein Atlas, KEGG.

This position will report to the Director of Bioinformatics.

If you are interested in this role, please send a cv to john.overington at stratifiedmedical.com<mailto:john.overington at stratifiedmedical.com>

--
John P. Overington PhD MBCS FRSB FRSC CChem

Director of Bioinformatics
Stratified Medical
3rd floor, 91-93 Farringdon Road
London