[BBC] Vacancy: scientist Biostatistics

Jellema, Renger Renger.Jellema at dsm.com
Mon Jul 27 16:33:37 CEST 2015

Dear all,

We are looking for a new colleague: a scientist Biostatistics. Interested in applying statistics in a business environment? The text and application procedure became available on our site today: http://www.dsm.com/corporate/careers/vacancies/dsmvacancies.html
The Challenge
Within the Genetics Department of the DBC there is a vacancy for the position of Scientist Biostatistics Located at Delft, The Netherlands
The Position

  *   As a Scientist Biostatistics, you will be located at the DSM Biotechnology Center in Delft, supporting business-driven R&D projects with design of experiments, data processing and statistically analysis for end-applications in food, pharma and/or bio-based chemicals and fuels.
  *   Being part of the bioinformatics & modeling group, you will participate in multidisciplinary teams in which you will be the statistical expert across the different disciplines.
  *   Projects may range from medium to high-throughput screenings for enzyme and strain development, applied biochemistry and analytical data, to QA/QC support for manufacturing, depending on your background and interest.
  *   Your challenge will be to develop, implement and apply state-of-the-art statistical tools and workflows.
The Ideal

  *   Ph.D. in chemometrics, statistics, metabolic modeling, computational methods, bioinformatics, or a related discipline. Additional training or degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, food or biotechnology is considered to be an advantage.
  *   Preferably 2-5 year experience, preferably in statistical data processing of biological data or fermentation data
  *   Experience in setting up and applying statistical tools for quality control is an advantage.
  *   Expert in R, Matlab, Spotfire, SAS, Minitab, Statgraphics or other statistical software packages
  *   Experience using optimal experimental design techniques is a plus
  *   Strong desire and proven ability to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary project teams
  *   Multidisciplinary team player, who takes initiative
  *   Personal skills like problem analysis, creativity and being a strong communicator characterize your identity.
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education or qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM's HR vision and policy, please visit our website at www.dsm.com/career.

Level C40/C41

Terms of conditions
LOCAL CONTRACT
The Procedure and Contact
The DSM Recruitment and Selection Process is in line with the general procedure outlined elsewhere on our Career World. Please apply on-line and send your CV & cover letter and include information on your current remuneration. Please submit your application before deadline:17th of August

Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Kind regards,

Renger

Renger Jellema | Senior Scientist Statistics | Group Lead BioIT | DSM Biotechnology Center | Alexander Fleminglaan 1 | 2613 AX Delft | Netherlands | T +31 15 279 2886 | renger.jellema at dsm.com | DSM Biotechnology Center is part of DSM Food Specialties B.V., Trade Register Number 27235314

[http://static.dsm.com/content/dam/dsm/images/DSM_Email_EN.jpg]

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail is for the intended recipient only.
If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited.
If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly, please notify the sender (via e-mail) immediately.